SIF188 GCRI-BN: Grand Challenge Research Investment - Brain and Neuroscience
Approved: Summer 2022
Project Dates: TBD
Funding Awarded: $50,000,000
The Grand Challenges Research Investments are intended to make a substantial difference through large strategic investments—to move the needle and not just fund business as usual. The Grand Challenge in neuroscience’s initial studies will:
- Investigate why caregivers of Alzheimer’s patients are more likely to develop dementia than their peers who don’t serve as caregivers.
- Test the capacity for focused ultrasound to help deliver immunological therapies across the brain’s protective barrier.
- Catalog neurodiversity among the many forms of autism to develop enhanced interventions and educational approaches for students from early childhood onward.
- Deploy multiple technologies to better understand the brain’s overall circuitry and development.
Four SIF awards are associated with this endeavor:
- SIF188A Grand Challenge Research Investment-Brain and Neuroscience. Faculty, WISE, Library, Entrepreneurship, and Future Opportunities
- SIF188B Grand Challenge Research Investment-Brain and Neuroscience. Research Cores and Space
- SIF188C Grand Challenge Research Investment-Brain and Neuroscience. Data Analytics
- SIF188D Grand Challenge Research Investment-Brain and Neuroscience. Research and Administration